Hillcrest Drive Transformation
The before and after photos below show a landmark residence, restored and improved upon after many years of neglect and mistreatment.
The owner brought Oscar on as part of a larger design and construction team. Oscar worked with the owner, interior designer Christos Prevezanos, Ray Evans of Welsh Dragon Construction, and a landscaper to design, permit, completely remodel and add an addition, building from the solid foundation and structural bones of the original residence.
- The kitchen was substantially enlarged.
- A two-story addition was added at the rear to accommodate a new family/media room below and an enlarged master bedroom suite above.
- The interior walls in almost all areas were stripped down to the existing framing.
- Insulation, new plumbing and electrical wiring were installed. - Care was taken to open up as much of the interior to the exterior without compromising the original structural character of the existing residence.
- New metal windows and doors with minimal thin line small frames were installed throughout to maximize the visual interface with the exterior spaces.
- The large original pool was reduced in scale so it no longer dominated the rear and side yard patio entertainment space.